Our building and district have worked together with guidelines from the Illinois State Board of Education to develop a procedure for locker clean out and materials return. Please carefully read the following information:
LOCKER CLEAN OUT, EQUIPMENT RETURN & BOOK RETURN
Rules & Guidelines for locker cleanout:
All students or designee’s must enter the building from the south side (Rocket Center). You must wear a face covering and gloves while in the building at all times. No more than 10 students will be allowed in the building at a time and for only 15 minutes. (SEE SIGN UP LINK BELOW)
- One student or designee will be permitted to enter the building from the South Side to clean out lockers (hall and PE), to gather personal belongings and to return school property (uniforms, books, etc.). Unity administration and staff will be present during this time and have locker combinations to assist where needed.
- Administrators will be in the building for students requiring one-on-one assistance.
- Guests who arrive to assist students are required to remain in their vehicle until the student brings his/her items outside to be loaded into the vehicle.
- Wipes and sanitizer will be made available in school buildings for staff and students.
- No more than 10 people will be allowed in the building at any time and for no more than 15 minutes.
Rules & Guidelines for Equipment and Book Return:
- We will have tables marked in each of the wings for items to be returned. School text books, library books, sports equipment/uniforms, and any remaining Remote Learning packets, etc.
- All uniforms or soft goods (clothes) must be placed in a plastic bag, tied and clearly marked with the students’ name for inventory purposes.
- A lost and found table will be set up with materials left behind prior to the school-wide shut down. Please check this table for missing items.
LOCKER CLEAN OUT, EQUIPMENT RETURN & BOOK RETURN SIGN UP
All junior high students (6-8) will be allowed to clean out their lockers and return school property at their convenience on one of the following days. May 18th or May 19th during the times listed below:
Monday, May 18, 2020 will be from Noon to 7PM
Tuesday, May 19, 2020 will be from 7:30AM
Just a reminder-May 18 and May 19 will be the only days that we conduct locker clean outs for junior high students. Sign up for a time slot that works for you. No more than ten (10) students will be allowed in the building at any time and for only 15 minutes. In order to comply with social distancing procedures please DO NOT drop in; a sign up is required. Please take the time to sign up. Please let us know if you need help with the sign up.
Parents and guardians will be notified of items still owed to the district after an inventory of items returned have been completed.
Finally, the last week for new Remote Learning material is May 11-May 15. The week of May 18 will be used by teachers to finalize work collection from students. Thank you for all of the ways you have supported your student in completion of work during Remote Learning.
Stay safe, stay strong and together we will all get through this.
Mrs. Fitzgerald, Principal Mr. Hamilton, Assistant Principal