Dear Parents and Guardians,
On behalf of the Illinois State Board of Education, the Illinois 5Essentials Survey will be administered online over the next two months.
The survey gathers data related to five indicators that affect and predict school success: Effective Leaders, Collaborative Teachers, Involved Families, Supportive Environments, and Ambitious Instruction. As a parent, this will allow you to share your thoughts on these elements of school effectiveness.
The window to complete 5Essentials is open and will remain open through February 15, 2019.
Here are some tips for taking the survey:
- The survey should take about ten minutes to complete.
- Parents who have children in multiple schools may take the survey for each school.
- Only one parent per household may participate in the survey.
- Parents may skip questions they do not wish to answer.
- Please remember to submit when the survey is completed.
Here is how to access and complete the survey:
- Visit https://survey.5-essentials.or... and select Parent Survey.
- Select the necessary language to complete the survey.
- Enter your email address and county of your child’s school.
- Advance to survey questions.
- Answer all applicable questions.
- Click submit survey.
Parents have the option of leaving an email address so that UChicago Impact can send a confirmation of survey completion upon submission. That textbox can be left blank if a parent does not want to provide or does not have an email address.
A parent report will be generated for schools in March 2019 if the school achieves 20 percent parent response rate.
Thank you for your time and support.
Jim Carver, Principal
Unity East Elementary