The parent(s) or guardian(s) of incoming Kindergarten students are asked to visit the school to complete registration paperwork. Students are welcome at registration appointments, but do not need to attend.
Registration for the 2022-23 school year is scheduled for August 2, 12-7pm, and August 3, 8am-2pm.
At the appointment, parents/guardians will complete the following:
- Establish guardianship of their child by turning in a copy of the birth certificate and a photo ID for the parent/guardian.
- New families verify they live in the district by providing appropriate documentation (click here for more information).
- Families whose children will ride the school bus sign up for transportation with the bus company representative.
- The school nurse will be available to discuss medical needs of new students.
- Parents/guardians can sign up for a conference with their child's Kindergarten teacher (more information below).
At registration parents should bring:
Kindergarten students in Illinois are required to have a physical, eye, and dental exam. Parents or guardians should:
- Schedule an appointment for a physical with their pediatrician. Take the physical exam form with you.
- Schedule an eye exam with an eye doctor. Take the vision exam form with you.
- Schedule a dental appointment with their dentist. Take the dental exam form with you.
The physical and eye exam are due on the first day of school
New students are required to have a birth certificate on file with the school. If you do not already have a certified copy of your child’s birth certificate, obtain a certified copy from the County Clerk's Office, located at 1776 E. Washington Street, Urbana.
Each year we dedicate the first two days of school to Kindergarten Conferences. Parents will sign up for a 20-min conference that allows them and their child an opportunity to meet the teacher, tour the classroom, and get acquainted before the first day of school. Parents and guardians will sign up for a conference at registration.
Kindergarten conferences are scheduled for August 18 & 19, 2021.
The first day of school for Kindergarten students is Friday, August 20, 2021.