Students have been doing an overall good job of keeping up with Chromebooks as part of the District One-to-One Device Initiative. A friendly reminder that charged Chromebooks and earbuds are needed each day.
Parking Lot Safety: Thank you for not blocking the orange cones at dismissal. This helps our students to be able to exit the building with an unobstructed view of the parking lot. Deputy Mayo has asked administration to remind our school community to slow down in the school parking lots. The parking lot speed limit is 15 miles per hour.
Unity Day 2022: The UJHS Cross Country Team, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and Pep Club present UNITY DAY 2022, hosted on the UJHS/UHS school grounds on Wednesday, October 19. The event will start and finish near the UHS softball field with a 1-mile cross country race for grade school through junior high students. 6th, 7th, and 8th grade runners will start at 3:40; sign up for the races will begin at 3:15 until race time. Once the race is complete, we invite all Unit Seven families to unite in ORANGE in support of kindness, acceptance, and inclusion with a family get-together complete with music, games, Smithburger and Sidney Dairy Bar.
UJHS Fundraiser: Fannie May fundraiser kicks off on October 20, 2022. UJHS limits to one major fundraiser per year. This fundraiser helps to cover the expenses of school trips, student handbook and planner, all-school bowling event, student incentives, and more. We appreciate your participation.
Parent Teacher Conferences:
The district has set aside October 20 from 3:00 to 9:30 for conferences. Parent-teacher conference night is another opportunity to bridge the connection between home and school. Online individual conference signups will be posted at ujhs.com under the Parent-Teacher Conferences link the afternoon of October 11. The following information is provided by UJHS to help you determine what kind of conference or communication would best fit your need.
1. Need for a conversation with a specific teacher.
2. Need to problem solve about performance or adjustment to a specific class.
3. Need to ask questions related to content or curriculum.
Team Meeting Request (Please contact a grade level teacher to arrange this kind of meeting).
1. Parent has information to share about academic, medical, and/or social/emotional information with multiple staff.
2. Student is experiencing adjustment issues at a particular grade level.
3. Student is underperforming in all classes; a problem solving approach is needed.
1. No need for a conference, but would like a general check in with teacher.
2. Opportunity to provide information that doesn’t require a conversation.
Opt out of parent-teacher conference night:
1. No specific concerns or questions at this time.
2. Already in regular communication with my student’s teachers.
Picture Day Retakes: Retakes for picture day scheduled on the morning of October 20, 2022. Please send the packet you are returning with your student for retakes. Students who were absent on the August picture day will also be able to have their pictures taken on this date.
Today, we had our first all-school assembly of the year. The School Climate team planned fun activities, we recognized individual students and student sports and clubs, and grade levels cheered on their peers and teachers in minute-to-win- it style grades. Our school spirit was electric! It was a refreshing reminder that we are part of wonderful family we call Rocket Nation. Have a great weekend. Go Rockets!